vast planet hidden in the outer reaches of space, ruins of a long extinct civilization. You awake in the wreck of mankind's first and only interstellar starship, lightyears away from earth. Soon to find that you are humanity's last hope of survival from a disaster. A disaster that was supposedly caused by the inhabitants of this very planet.
As you explore strange landscapes, you can't shake off the feeling that you are not alone.
xotic Matter (formerly known as Xcylin) is an RPG that puts you on a planet where you need to explore, craft and fight in order to survive. A strong story and a sophisticated dungeon generation system ensure that no two missions ever play the same. And Exotic Matter's fully moddable engine makes sure that there is also a huge amount of community made planets waiting for you to explore.
- A completely simulated planet to roam freely
- Fully destructable/buildable terrain
- Build your own shelters/bases with sophisticated in-game technology, connect lights and doors with switches, pressure sensitive blocks and even in-game computer systems
- Dig for resources deep below the surface
- A vast amount of different block types await you, each with different attributes and abilities
- Find hundreds of ancient items left on the planet by an old civilization
- Craft new items in your inventory or use replicator technology to create even more complex items
- Find, craft or replicate a multitude of weapons to protect yourself from the planet's alien lifeforms
- Explore lots of dungeons created by a sophisticated dungeon generation system
- A strong storyline to guide you trough the game
- No two missions ever play the same
- Create your entirely custom worlds by using Exotic Matter's Engine which has built in support for modding nearly all aspects of the game!
(Please note that although these features are all planned and mostly implemented, they are all subject to change)Pre-Order
Please note that this is a pre-order. You'll get the game as soon as we reach alpha phase. Of course you will also get all versions of the game that follow the Alpha up until (and including) the Release version.Steam
The game has been greenlit and you'll get a Steam key with your order as soon as we release the game.System requirements
- Intel Core i5 or i7 or comparable AMD CPU (with at least two cores)
- At least 4GB of RAM
- Dedicated graphics card like NVIDIA GTX560Ti / AMD R7970 or comparable with at least 1GB of video RAM.
- at least 1GB free disk space
- Windows 7 64bit
- Windows 8 64bit
- Windows 8.1 64bit
- Windows 10 64bit
- OR Linux 64bit
- Mouse/Trackpad and Keyboard
Please note that these are estimates, they will be refined in the near future. Please also note that there won't be a 32bit version of the game. If you don't have a 64bit Windows or Linux you won't be able to play the game.